We walked along 5th Avenue, toward downtown, and enjoyed the periphery of the park, then headed across 96th Avenue to find the subway. Along 96th were three girls waiting outside and playing with their Barbie dolls.I asked if I could take their photo, and they wanted to know why I wanted one. They weren't too happy with me, so this photo is cropped to focus on their dolls.
From there we took the subway to Grand Central Station, because I wanted Claire to see this beautiful landmark that reminds me of Gare du Nord in Paris. She agreed.Always busy:
Claire in front of the schedule board for the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR):
Visitors fail to understand the concept:
Low (and weird) point of the day: taking the sub over to 33rd and 9th to go to B&H Photo, only to find that they 1) close at 2 pm on Fridays (WTF?) and aren't open at all on Saturdays (WTF squared). Next trip.
1 comment:
L- The reason B&H was closed from mid Friday through Sunday is because the store is owned and operated by Orthodox Jews. Yes, you must go visit the store on your next visit-it is a truly amazing place!
Post a Comment