8.16.2009

Home Sweet Home

ROCKS!


We arrived home, safe and sound, this afternoon. Unfortunately, our bags did not. We experienced "voluntary separation," which sounds a little like giving up a child for adoption.

We left our place in Chelsea right on time and took the subway and Air Train back to JFK, but I could see that we were starting to run really late for our 1 pm departure. We had that typical running to the gate experience - what would any vacation be without that to top it off - but I knew when we got there, that we had probably missed the baggage cutoff time.

At any rate, we got to the gate and the flight attendants were so, so nice about getting us on the flight (hello United, are you paying attention to Virgin's customer service?). We weren't actually even the last ones on, and the flight was gloriously uneventful otherwise.

Thankfully, it is foggy and cool here in Half Moon Bay, though there is a thick and pinkish cover of smog out there that we flew through upon landing. I spent most of the flight alternating between playing Scrabble and fixing up the photos I took on my trip. I have 416 to go through and delete out what doesn't work, but I will probably end up with at least 250-300 in that collection.

Thank you again to Nancy for the tip to use Lightroom. It is really a great application.


No comments: