Ok - if you haven't ever done this (photos printed on metal), please consider it. Wow. They are so amazing.
I started on this journey Thursday 6/3, at about 9:30 am. I had a migraine starting to go into overdrive, so I worked fast on the computer by uploading Bay Photo's ordering/management software. I had sized my photos on Photoshop using Image Size for 30" x 20" and saved them as .jpgs. I uploaded the files (~14-16 MB each) using the BayROES software. They uploaded like a breeze...so fast!
Then, I went and had a power nap with a towel wrapped 'round my head and ears to block out noise and light. I woke up around 1 pm feeling a bit better, but still off. I worked some, and rested some more. Then, around 5 pm I got an email from Bay Photo saying the order was at UPS!!!! The website promised processing within 3 business days, so this 6 working hours was amazing.
Today - Friday (6/4) (one day later) at 6:30 pm, UPS showed up with the prints. They were packaged beautifully, and they matched what I ordered to perfection. Very professional job all the way around and an excellent example of underpromise and overdeliver in action.
I would highly recommend Bay Photo in Santa Cruz - the totally on-line aspect of the system will work for anyone, anywhere.I started on this journey Thursday 6/3, at about 9:30 am. I had a migraine starting to go into overdrive, so I worked fast on the computer by uploading Bay Photo's ordering/management software. I had sized my photos on Photoshop using Image Size for 30" x 20" and saved them as .jpgs. I uploaded the files (~14-16 MB each) using the BayROES software. They uploaded like a breeze...so fast!
Then, I went and had a power nap with a towel wrapped 'round my head and ears to block out noise and light. I woke up around 1 pm feeling a bit better, but still off. I worked some, and rested some more. Then, around 5 pm I got an email from Bay Photo saying the order was at UPS!!!! The website promised processing within 3 business days, so this 6 working hours was amazing.
Today - Friday (6/4) (one day later) at 6:30 pm, UPS showed up with the prints. They were packaged beautifully, and they matched what I ordered to perfection. Very professional job all the way around and an excellent example of underpromise and overdeliver in action.
It is hard to appreciate how amazing these are in a photo of a photo. Bay Photo made it so easy that I already feel like a metal printing expert!

No comments:
Post a Comment