6.05.2010

It's Saturday, and I'm a bit exhausted, but in a good way. I've been working - at work stuff and art stuff - pretty furiously since I got back from Italy in mid-March.  I submitted to shows I forgot I'd applied to, and got accepted into things that I thought were a long shot, so why bother. It's not a lot on the grand scale of life as an artist, but it is starting to feel like traction. 

My art refresher a couple of weeks ago with Eileen Goldenberg was a good reminder that success doesn't usually fall out of the sky into your lap. My favorite saying - Luck is When Preparation Meets Opportunity - reminds me that though creating new work or applying for a show, or putting a posting on Facebook about my latest goings-on may seem too small to matter, these little things start to add up.

I saw a friend yesterday I hadn't seen in 15 years. We had a nice time chatting at Starbuck's and she asked me to send her information about what I was doing. When I put the email together I realized "whew," that's a lot going on (each one has a link to images):


25 Boxes (SOLD OUT)

 So today, I'm celebrating. I'm taking it easy, catching up on reading and surfing, puttering around the house a little, and enjoying this brief plateau of art success.
Thanks for hanging in there with me. I'm going to keep up the good work. And maybe have a little nap!

No comments: