1.08.2010

Photojojo #83 - Blue Boy

Today's photojojo title was taken after that very famous work of art, Blue Boy. I think my grandmother had a reproduction of it hanging in her house. We would visit there every summer for a few weeks - my brother, sister and me. Nancy's blue texture on the left goes with the piece of tinsel I saw on a chair in a conference room this morning. Looks like someone was thrown a baby shower.

I remember the red dirt (Paradise), swimming in the Feather River before they built the Oroville Dam, and chasing around in the hot summer sun.
We would eat peaches from my grandfather's precious fruit trees - they seemed like they were the size of small basketballs - and feed the chinchillas every morning. My job was to wash all the water bottles once a week. Grandma had two beds in a closet with bi-fold doors that were where my sister and I slept. The mattresses were foam and it was comfortable enough.

We were forced to take a nap every day right after lunch - from 12:30 to 1 pm, when my grandparents had their naps. I never could sleep then. What I would give for a situation where daily naps were required now. How civilized!


Anyway, the Blue Boy and the Pink Girl were hanging in a hallway or maybe my grandmother's bedroom, I think. I looked at them a lot over those summers, inspired to be an artist someday.

No comments: