These two are more of the IKEA mirrors, each 9x9 wood with a small mirror in the middle. The art on these pieces was inspired by using some very old paper I found when I unframed a really cheesy fruit decal that I bought last week at the thrift store. More will be revealed about that piece when I use it later. Anyway, the paper was so luscious with all the aging and streaking from sun and damage over time, but that all but disappeared under the beeswax. However, these are my foray into something more minimal, which is extremely challenging art for me to do. I do like Key No 13 a lot though. 
This piece measures 12x36 on wood and was done over a Beatrix Potter wooden wall hanging. I should have taken a "before" photo. Basically, it was a large poster firmly mounted to this piece of wood. Very sweet, but I gessoed over it, then went to town with my images from Le Petite Echo de la Mode catalog. So many wonderful vintage images I have from this find I got in Avignon in 2006. I call this Dreaming of America.
No comments:
Post a Comment