5.14.2009

Is It Just The OSX System Causing All The Problems?

After spending most of my waking and some precious otherwise sleeping hours on my computer systems, I stopped in to a local computer store yesterday to see if someone would be available to work on my computer (Macs). I explained all the various and sundry problems I've been having and in amongst the agreement that I could use some help and scheduling an appointment, the technician mentioned that an upgrade to the Leopard OSX came out yesterday. I came home and installed on both the iMac and PowerBook and what do you know? All the problems have for the most part disappeared. Yahoo (the expression, not the company!) But it makes me think that Apple is less than transparent about viruses, software glitches, etc. and that some of this may have been the need for the software upgrade. I also heard that Mercury was in retrograde, so maybe it is just the cosmos out there causing all the chaos with the electronics, and the pollen.

Now I can get back to focusing on doing some art. I have a project in mind to use some of these lovely vintage images of La Louviere Carnaval (Brussels) with the techniques I learned at the ConvenZioNE workshops. Seems now like a lifetime ago that I was there.

Since then, I have organized all my ephemera by color family, amassed a small collection of ribbons, dug out my button collection such as it is, and secured some new ephemera images. Here's one I want to work with:

No comments: