I made the test batch of wedding cupcakes: key lime and coconut. They are all a white cake base (yes, from a box because my family will attest that I can't make these cake from scratch recipes). Then, for the key lime, I made a filling from sweetened condensed milk, key lime juice, some lime zest and cream cheese - just to stiffen it up a bit. The coconut filling was either plain coconut, sugar and milk - just like an Almond Joy candy bar, note to self for future - or the same plain coconut filling with some choco chips stirred in while warm. Note to self - also intriguing for some future use.
Then, I made white butter cream frosting which I used on all. I'm needing to up my skillage in the piping department. While still a bit moist, I topped the key lime with some candied lime peel and on a few, I put some graham cracker crumbs dusted over the top. For the coconut, it was flaked and toasted coconut on all.
Here are some photos:








1 comment:
These look so beautiful, Laura! You have outdone yourself.
Post a Comment