Art for today was the following:
I'm loving working in wax. Here's a 12x12." The working title is "Burned." It incorporates a print I did last year as the base, with several layers of images from other sources.
And here are my two fish prints. You may recall that I wasn't too happy with them - the yellow color didn't do much for me and the two watercolored fish on the right seemed too much on the surface. Last night I decided to put a light blue glaze over them as an homage to the fact that they are fish, in the water.
The technique allowed me to make scrapes in the surface of the yellow painting, though it didn't seem to change the yellow too much. On the painting on the right, the blue added a depth to the piece that was nice. Also, just putting them in frames helped so, so much. They now look quite professional and I'm ready to put them in the PAL Show that will be up in June.


No comments:
Post a Comment