The sun is on the front of the studio because it faces west. It is a beautiful, warm day with no wind, and I have the quiet time to think through the steps of this chine colle thing. I did two tries before I got the third one right.
The two in blue were successful in that the chine colle part worked, but on the first one I used a cardboard plate instead of metal or plexiglass so the transfer of the photo wasn't what I hoped and I was working on a paper that already had been chine colle'd (is that a word?) underneath. I was going for a look with the tissue on top of the print with the two color bands.

Try #2 was much more successful but I put the wheat paste down over too much of the tissue so when I printed it, it adhered to the newsprint. Also I didn't create a distinct (sharp) line with the color.
Try #3 is a keeper. I did a good print of the photo squarely on the paper. Then I taped off the plate to ink up the red on either side. That created a nice sharp line. Finally, I put wheat paste only on the first 2-3 inches of the tissue so that it is loose near the edges of the paper where it then extends off. It's hard to see the beautiful details in a photo.
Very happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment