9.30.2009

400th Blog Post! And - Art Accepted into Juried Group Show

Escuchen y Repiten Triptych
2 of 3
3 of 3

Monotypes on Arches Paper
Dim 11x17
Paper Dim 22x30

I started this blog as a way to make sure I did some art everyday. I love my computer and the connected-ness of the internet and I know myself well enough that if I link being on the computer with art, I'll do the art.

I haven't always done art every day and I haven't always posted the art I do end up making. Now that I'm retired, I do have a lot more time to do art and I still have days where none gets made.

I also have more time for art classes and have been fortunate to be in a master printing class at Aurobora Press in San Francisco. I also took a really really great print transfer class from Julia Nelson-Gal at the Pacific Art League (PAL).

Julia encouraged me to submit some work for the upcoming Mostly Black & White show at PAL. I submitted my triptych Escuchen y Repiten and was thrilled to find out today that two of the three pieces were accepted for the show which opens this Friday (10/1). Wow!

The point of doing art (for me) is personal but also professional. The personal side of me is soothed by creating the art. The professional side of me wants to get more of my art out there in the world. The blog is to help me self-manage all of this.

SO - I'M SO EXCITED THAT WITH THIS ENTRY, my 400th, I am going to have two large pieces in a great show. That's really what it's all about.


No comments: