I've been creative and making "art" in a different way this past week. Today I did my daughter's wedding invitations. She was so sweet to indulge me in wanting to use glassine envelopes, which you know I'm obsessed with. Each invitation was custom cut and folded after it was printed. Then, I put them each in a glassine envelope and addressed the side with the plain back. She was very happy with them, and so was I.
I also spent every spare moment this week drawing up the concept plans for my new house. It was quite the roller coaster as I worked to understand the City's requirements for setbacks, working out one floorplan after another. Friday morning, I went with the contractor to the City and heard first hand about the code requirements. That helped solidify which orientation of the home on the lot I wanted and by Friday afternoon I was at Lowe's looking at the endless variety of sinks, countertops, cabinets, doors, windows and finish materials. What fun! Tomorrow, I meet again with the contractor to hash out more of the pricing and hopefully get an offer accepted on the lot early this week. Yikes! It's such a fun adventure to design your own living space.


No comments:
Post a Comment