
I'm in a sour mood today. Have been all day. Not sure why. Got plenty of rest last night - too much? Actually, I've been in a sour mood for days now. Since Friday of last week.
I was all ready for one set of things to happen, but then another set of things happened instead and it turns out, when it comes to those things, I'm not as flexible as I thought. I like to think of myself as someone totally willing to always go with the flow, but clearly, that is not always the case.
I had my mind and heart set on getting work-work done on Friday so I could do art on Sunday. I had my schedule set so that I could go to a family event on Saturday, then be all prime to get the art done on Sunday. But life intervened. Children needed help, and I wasn't at all helpful. I was quite rude and grumpy and in the process, alienated them, and hurt their feelings and got myself into a frame of mind that wasn't at all conducive to producing any art.
That feeling lingers today, and I continue to be less helpful than desired. I'm tired but can't nap. I'm hungry but don't feel like cooking. I just feel obliterated. This too shall pass, but in the meantime (no pun intended...) I need to be more kind to the children.
Here's today's photojojo too; my sunshine and birds with my partner's dark music club shot.
1 comment:
you should have called me Ms. Laura
Post a Comment