12.21.2009

Bah Humbug - Ho Ho Ho! Photojojo #66


It always happens right around this time of year - I am reminded of how much I hate Christmas.

To be fair, I don't really hate Christmas. I actually love the day of - seeing all my kids, going later to see the rest of my family. But the run up - in the few days preceding it - I find exhausting to the point of squelching all the fun out of it. I always manage to get through Christmas, and then on Boxing Day there is an inevitable relief/let down, wondering if my kids are happy with everything or disappointed like I always seemed to be growing up. I know - I project this onto them. I'm a work in progress on this.

Then, by the 27th or so, it's time to think about birthdays and getting ready for all that, then I'm really ready for a little vacation. This year, I'm going to Bellingham WA to chill. It will probably be cold there. I'll be ready for a nice little plane ride and some time away from my own environment. Then, after a few days there, I'll be ready to come home and start the new year.

This year was a bitch in many ways - mainly with the global economic implosion. I hope next year is better, but there is really no guarantee it will be.

Here's Photojojo #66 - some holiday lights on the left (Laura) and packages all wrapped and ready to go (Nancy).




No comments: