11.02.2009

Photojojo#21 - My 1,000th iPhone Photo and the HMB Library


Today when I pulled up the photo for Photojojo today on my iPhone, it said it was photo 1,000. I've had my iPhone since October 2007, so two years now. I loved it from the moment I held it, but until I upgraded to the new one about two weeks ago, I was not so in love with the phone part of it. It never really worked right. It has this sleek touch screen but that proved to be a disaster for the phone function, which needs a number screen interface to appear when you are doing things like phoning the bank ("Press 1 to speak to an agent now") or getting Sears on the line to find out where the hell the repair guy is ("Press 2 to connect to the Service Department").

What would happen with my first generation iPhone is that it would connect the call, then when I pulled the phone away from my ear to press 1, or 2, or hang up, that nifty screen would not reappear. In fact, the screen would be completely blank and would not reappear for days, it seems.
Because I had a Blackberry at work, I just overlooked this annoyance and used the Blackberry for calls and the iPhone for it's other may wonderful features (calendar/schedule, iTunes while working out, Cowbell for singing along in the car...and the camera for Photojojo, of course). Sometimes, I'd receive a call on the iPhone and that would go okay, as long as I could just talk and then attempt to hang up at the end. One time, I'm ashamed to admit, I was on both phones at one time, in a less than legal place. So having two phones was not something I really liked. Also, it confused many friends who didn't know which number to call me on.

When I upgraded to the new iPhone, I was ecstatic to learn that it is equipped with a SIM card and that allowed me to swap the card from my Blackberry into the iPhone thereby retaining my seven-year cell number which everyone including god had for me.
I've now ditched the Blackberry, the old iPhone, and the newish iPhone number that I could never remember because it is so so close to my daughter's number. Problem solved. And, the new iPhone takes the same great pictures, and video. Voila!

So here is Photojojo #21, with my iPhone pic of a pine cone at the shuttle bus stop this morning, and Nancy's Dia de Los Muertos from the HMB Library.

No comments: