


I am back doing art! It's been a couple of weeks since I left my corporate job, and I've been relaxing, skiing, reading, sleeping in (yum) and working on my tart idea.
I made these thank you cards (15 in all) to send to friends who wished me well in my retirement. Each card includes a bookmark made from recycled security envelopes that come in your bills. See how to make them at Go Make Something.

I made mine with security envelopes turned inside out. I used two for each and glued them together because I had split them open to turn them inside out. Email me if you want those more detailed instructions. Then, I used circles I punched from various pieces of paper that I was holding onto awhile back and had saved in a neat little zip top bag for a future art project.
For the cards, I used these 8/$1 packs from a local craft store that starts with an "M." The one drawback to these cards is that they have a glossy front and some sort of word on them. The glossy front doesn't accept stamped items very well, but the other things seem to adhere with "Yes" glue pretty well. I don't use a glue stick too much because I worry that my project might fall apart in the recipent's hands at some future date.
I made the "thank you" embellishment by printing onto scrapbook paper squares (12x12) that I got in a pad from "M" too. I cut these down to 8.5x11 on my nifty paper cutter so they go through the laser jet printer like a charm. I can pick any font and any color to "go with" the paper. I save the 3.5" strip I cut down for future projects. (Yes, I hoard paper.)
Here's an explanation of why I am passionate about bookmarks. As always, click on any image to get a better look.
No comments:
Post a Comment