The story with these images is as follows:
I doodle absent-mindedly. Sometimes in bed, sometimes while watching television. I don't think too much about the image I'm drawing. I use fat Lyra colored pencils. I usually do the basic shapes, guided as always by colors first, then geometrical shapes. After I do the initial layout image, I may go back and enhance the colors by layering over more colors, filling in and refining the image and background. Sometimes I will add decorative detail, like the spherical shapes in this image.
At any rate, what is magical is that I put all these doodles away after the last bit of refining, thinking they were finished. Then recently, I pulled out this old biology textbook I got at the thrift store about a year ago. Combing through there for images that matched the colors of my doodles, I found some fascinating additions. Each one has it's own story to tell. What do you think?
(Remember, you can see a lot more detail by clicking on the image itself, and you can see the whole collection of 30 pieces at my Picasa Web Albums site.)
No comments:
Post a Comment